Limits...
Biological Character of RetroNectin Activated Cytokine-Induced Killer Cells.

Han L, Shang YM, Song YP, Gao QL - J Immunol Res (2016)

Bottom Line: Median survival time (mOS) after first R-CIK cell infusion was 10.57 months; the 1-year survival rate was 38.5%.No serious toxicity was associated with R-CIK cell infusion.In conclusion, RetroNectin may enhance antitumor activity of CIK cells: it is safe for use in treating pancreatic cancer.

View Article: PubMed Central - PubMed

Affiliation: Department of Immunology, Affiliated Cancer Hospital of Zhengzhou University and Henan Cancer Hospital, Zhengzhou, Henan 450008, China.

ABSTRACT
Adoptive cell therapy (ACT) using autologous cytokine-induced killer (CIK) cells is a promising treatment for metastatic carcinomas. In this study, we investigated the impact of RetroNectin on the proliferation, phenotype alternation, cytokine secretion, and cytotoxic activity of CIK cells from pancreatic cancer patients. Furthermore, we treated 13 patients with metastatic or locally advanced pancreatic cancer using autologous RetroNectin-activated CIK cells (R-CIK cells) alone or in combination with chemotherapy. Compared with only CD3 activated CIK cells (OKT-CIK cells), R-CIK cells showed stronger and faster proliferative ability, with a lower ratio of spontaneous apoptosis. Moreover, this ability continued after IL-2 was withdrawn from the culture system. R-CIK cells could also secrete higher levels of IL-2 and lower levels of IL-4 and IL-5 versus OKT-CIK cells. There was no difference between OKT-CIK and R-CIK cells in cytotoxic ability against lymphoma cell line K562. In patients who received auto-R-CIK cell infusion therapy, the overall objective response rate was 23.1%. Median survival time (mOS) after first R-CIK cell infusion was 10.57 months; the 1-year survival rate was 38.5%. No serious toxicity was associated with R-CIK cell infusion. In conclusion, RetroNectin may enhance antitumor activity of CIK cells: it is safe for use in treating pancreatic cancer.

No MeSH data available.


Related in: MedlinePlus

Overall survival measured using the Kaplan-Meier method. The median survival time after first R-CIK cells infusion was 10.57 months. One-year survival rate was 38.5%.
© Copyright Policy - open-access
Related In: Results  -  Collection


getmorefigures.php?uid=PMC4940556&req=5

fig5: Overall survival measured using the Kaplan-Meier method. The median survival time after first R-CIK cells infusion was 10.57 months. One-year survival rate was 38.5%.

Mentions: Of the 13 pancreatic cancer patients studied, one patient (7.7%) achieved a complete remission (CR): this patient had local relapsed pancreatic adenocarcinoma after surgery and preventive radiotherapy. Two patients (15.4%) who received chemotherapy combined R-CIK cells infusion achieved a partial remission (PR). Eight patients (61.5%) had a stable disease (SD). The overall objective response rate (CR+PR) was 23.1% and the disease control rate (CR+PR+SD) was 84.6%. The median survival time (mOS) after first R-CIK cells infusion was 10.57 months (95% CI, 6.6 to 14.6 months; Figure 5). The 1-year survival rate was 38.5%.


Biological Character of RetroNectin Activated Cytokine-Induced Killer Cells.

Han L, Shang YM, Song YP, Gao QL - J Immunol Res (2016)

Overall survival measured using the Kaplan-Meier method. The median survival time after first R-CIK cells infusion was 10.57 months. One-year survival rate was 38.5%.
© Copyright Policy - open-access
Related In: Results  -  Collection

Show All Figures
getmorefigures.php?uid=PMC4940556&req=5

fig5: Overall survival measured using the Kaplan-Meier method. The median survival time after first R-CIK cells infusion was 10.57 months. One-year survival rate was 38.5%.
Mentions: Of the 13 pancreatic cancer patients studied, one patient (7.7%) achieved a complete remission (CR): this patient had local relapsed pancreatic adenocarcinoma after surgery and preventive radiotherapy. Two patients (15.4%) who received chemotherapy combined R-CIK cells infusion achieved a partial remission (PR). Eight patients (61.5%) had a stable disease (SD). The overall objective response rate (CR+PR) was 23.1% and the disease control rate (CR+PR+SD) was 84.6%. The median survival time (mOS) after first R-CIK cells infusion was 10.57 months (95% CI, 6.6 to 14.6 months; Figure 5). The 1-year survival rate was 38.5%.

Bottom Line: Median survival time (mOS) after first R-CIK cell infusion was 10.57 months; the 1-year survival rate was 38.5%.No serious toxicity was associated with R-CIK cell infusion.In conclusion, RetroNectin may enhance antitumor activity of CIK cells: it is safe for use in treating pancreatic cancer.

View Article: PubMed Central - PubMed

Affiliation: Department of Immunology, Affiliated Cancer Hospital of Zhengzhou University and Henan Cancer Hospital, Zhengzhou, Henan 450008, China.

ABSTRACT
Adoptive cell therapy (ACT) using autologous cytokine-induced killer (CIK) cells is a promising treatment for metastatic carcinomas. In this study, we investigated the impact of RetroNectin on the proliferation, phenotype alternation, cytokine secretion, and cytotoxic activity of CIK cells from pancreatic cancer patients. Furthermore, we treated 13 patients with metastatic or locally advanced pancreatic cancer using autologous RetroNectin-activated CIK cells (R-CIK cells) alone or in combination with chemotherapy. Compared with only CD3 activated CIK cells (OKT-CIK cells), R-CIK cells showed stronger and faster proliferative ability, with a lower ratio of spontaneous apoptosis. Moreover, this ability continued after IL-2 was withdrawn from the culture system. R-CIK cells could also secrete higher levels of IL-2 and lower levels of IL-4 and IL-5 versus OKT-CIK cells. There was no difference between OKT-CIK and R-CIK cells in cytotoxic ability against lymphoma cell line K562. In patients who received auto-R-CIK cell infusion therapy, the overall objective response rate was 23.1%. Median survival time (mOS) after first R-CIK cell infusion was 10.57 months; the 1-year survival rate was 38.5%. No serious toxicity was associated with R-CIK cell infusion. In conclusion, RetroNectin may enhance antitumor activity of CIK cells: it is safe for use in treating pancreatic cancer.

No MeSH data available.


Related in: MedlinePlus