Limits...
Comparative Transcriptome Analysis of the Cosmopolitan Marine Fungus Corollospora maritima Under Two Physiological Conditions.

Velez P, Alejandri-Ramírez ND, González MC, Estrada KJ, Sanchez-Flores A, Dinkova TD - G3 (Bethesda) (2015)

Bottom Line: The de novo reconstruction of C. maritima transcriptome Illumina sequencing provided a total of 14,530 transcripts (16 megabases).Using fungal isolates collected from different beaches, the specific environmental regulation of particular transcript differential expression was confirmed by RT-qPCR.To our knowledge, this is the first analysis that explores the marine fungus C. maritima molecular responses to overcome freshwater stress, and these data could shed light to understand the fungal adaptation and plasticity mechanisms to the marine habitat.

View Article: PubMed Central - PubMed

Affiliation: Departamento de Botánica, Instituto de Biología, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Distrito Federal, México 04510 pvelezaguilar@gmail.com cesy@unam.mx.

No MeSH data available.


Related in: MedlinePlus

ML inferred cladogram of the EF1a nucleotide sequences alignment in 77 fungal species. Tree inferred with ETE2 under the "phylomedb4" workflow model; nodal support values represent the frequency of splits in 100 bootstrap replicates. C. elegans was used as an outgroup.
© Copyright Policy - open-access
Related In: Results  -  Collection

License
getmorefigures.php?uid=PMC4555217&req=5

fig2: ML inferred cladogram of the EF1a nucleotide sequences alignment in 77 fungal species. Tree inferred with ETE2 under the "phylomedb4" workflow model; nodal support values represent the frequency of splits in 100 bootstrap replicates. C. elegans was used as an outgroup.

Mentions: To predict gene functions, we used a Swissprot/Uniprot-based annotation with the best hit in BlastP available in the Trinotate package (Finn et al. 2014). Approximately 44% of the assembled transcripts matched to known proteins, whereas the remaining 56% had no identity to other proteins with known functions. The majority of the BlastP protein matched most to Ascomycota (73% of all). For detailed information, an interactive Krona map is available in File S2. Within Ascomycota, the sequence matches were distributed between Taphrinomycotina (all from Schizosaccharomyces pombe, 40%), Pezizomycotina (33%), and Saccharomycetales (27%). The phylogenetic analysis of the annotated transcript EF1a (comp31_c0_seq1) revealed that orthologs of this C. maritima transcript exhibit a closer relationship with the Sordariamycetes than any other fungi phylum (Figure 2).


Comparative Transcriptome Analysis of the Cosmopolitan Marine Fungus Corollospora maritima Under Two Physiological Conditions.

Velez P, Alejandri-Ramírez ND, González MC, Estrada KJ, Sanchez-Flores A, Dinkova TD - G3 (Bethesda) (2015)

ML inferred cladogram of the EF1a nucleotide sequences alignment in 77 fungal species. Tree inferred with ETE2 under the "phylomedb4" workflow model; nodal support values represent the frequency of splits in 100 bootstrap replicates. C. elegans was used as an outgroup.
© Copyright Policy - open-access
Related In: Results  -  Collection

License
Show All Figures
getmorefigures.php?uid=PMC4555217&req=5

fig2: ML inferred cladogram of the EF1a nucleotide sequences alignment in 77 fungal species. Tree inferred with ETE2 under the "phylomedb4" workflow model; nodal support values represent the frequency of splits in 100 bootstrap replicates. C. elegans was used as an outgroup.
Mentions: To predict gene functions, we used a Swissprot/Uniprot-based annotation with the best hit in BlastP available in the Trinotate package (Finn et al. 2014). Approximately 44% of the assembled transcripts matched to known proteins, whereas the remaining 56% had no identity to other proteins with known functions. The majority of the BlastP protein matched most to Ascomycota (73% of all). For detailed information, an interactive Krona map is available in File S2. Within Ascomycota, the sequence matches were distributed between Taphrinomycotina (all from Schizosaccharomyces pombe, 40%), Pezizomycotina (33%), and Saccharomycetales (27%). The phylogenetic analysis of the annotated transcript EF1a (comp31_c0_seq1) revealed that orthologs of this C. maritima transcript exhibit a closer relationship with the Sordariamycetes than any other fungi phylum (Figure 2).

Bottom Line: The de novo reconstruction of C. maritima transcriptome Illumina sequencing provided a total of 14,530 transcripts (16 megabases).Using fungal isolates collected from different beaches, the specific environmental regulation of particular transcript differential expression was confirmed by RT-qPCR.To our knowledge, this is the first analysis that explores the marine fungus C. maritima molecular responses to overcome freshwater stress, and these data could shed light to understand the fungal adaptation and plasticity mechanisms to the marine habitat.

View Article: PubMed Central - PubMed

Affiliation: Departamento de Botánica, Instituto de Biología, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Distrito Federal, México 04510 pvelezaguilar@gmail.com cesy@unam.mx.

No MeSH data available.


Related in: MedlinePlus