Limits...
Ratio of C-Reactive Protein/Albumin is An Inflammatory Prognostic Score for Predicting Overall Survival of Patients with Small-cell Lung Cancer.

Zhou T, Zhan J, Hong S, Hu Z, Fang W, Qin T, Ma Y, Yang Y, He X, Zhao Y, Huang Y, Zhao H, Zhang L - Sci Rep (2015)

Bottom Line: Recent studies have indicated that the C-reactive protein/ albumin (CRP/Alb) ratio is associated with clinical outcomes in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).Disease stage (p < 0.001), performance status (PS) (p < 0.001) and pretreatment LDH (p < 0.001) were also significant predictors of OS.Multivariate analyses showed that the CRP/Alb ratio is an independent prognostic factor (p = 0.025).

View Article: PubMed Central - PubMed

Affiliation: 1] Department of Medical Oncology, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou, China [2] State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Guangzhou, China [3] Collaborative innovation Center for Cancer Medicine, Guangzhou, China.

ABSTRACT
Recent studies have indicated that the C-reactive protein/ albumin (CRP/Alb) ratio is associated with clinical outcomes in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). We examined the prognostic value of this ratio in patients with small-cell lung cancer (SCLC). In this retrospective study, a total of 367 eligible SCLC patients were analyzed and the correlation between the pretreatment CRP/Alb ratio and overall survival (OS) was investigated. The optimal cutoff level of CRP/Alb ratio was at 0.441. A low and high CRP/Alb ratio was assigned to 65.1% and 34.9% of patients, respectively. The median OS of patients with a high CRP/Alb ratio was worse than those in the low group (13.70 vs 18.90 months HR, 1.34; p = 0.005). Disease stage (p < 0.001), performance status (PS) (p < 0.001) and pretreatment LDH (p < 0.001) were also significant predictors of OS. Multivariate analyses showed that the CRP/Alb ratio is an independent prognostic factor (p = 0.025). This study demonstrated that the CRP/Alb ratio could independently predict OS in patients with SCLC, and had comparable prognostic value to other known prognostic markers. Therefore, the CRP/Alb ratio could have prognostic value and be a measurable biomarker in patients with SCLC.

No MeSH data available.


Related in: MedlinePlus

The prognostic value of CRP/Alb ratio on overall survival curves in patients with limited or extensive stage disease. A. Comparison of OS on patients with high CRP/Alb ratio vs low CRP/Alb ratio. B. Comparison of OS on patients in limited stage with high CRP/Alb vs low CRP/Alb ratio. C. Comparison of OS on patients in extensive stage with high CRP/Alb vs low CRP/Alb ratio
© Copyright Policy - open-access
Related In: Results  -  Collection

License
getmorefigures.php?uid=PMC4471724&req=5

f2: The prognostic value of CRP/Alb ratio on overall survival curves in patients with limited or extensive stage disease. A. Comparison of OS on patients with high CRP/Alb ratio vs low CRP/Alb ratio. B. Comparison of OS on patients in limited stage with high CRP/Alb vs low CRP/Alb ratio. C. Comparison of OS on patients in extensive stage with high CRP/Alb vs low CRP/Alb ratio

Mentions: A total of 128 (34.9%) patients were categorized into the high level group of CRP/Alb ratio, while the remaining 239 (65.1%) patients were stratified into the low level group. In contrast to the patients with high CRP/Alb ratio, patients with low CRP/Alb ratio had longer overall survival (18.9 vs 13.7 months, p = 0.005) (Table 1). Similarly, longer overall survival was also observed when patients were stratified into limited stage (p = 0.023), but not extensive stage (p = 0.089) (Fig. 2A–C).


Ratio of C-Reactive Protein/Albumin is An Inflammatory Prognostic Score for Predicting Overall Survival of Patients with Small-cell Lung Cancer.

Zhou T, Zhan J, Hong S, Hu Z, Fang W, Qin T, Ma Y, Yang Y, He X, Zhao Y, Huang Y, Zhao H, Zhang L - Sci Rep (2015)

The prognostic value of CRP/Alb ratio on overall survival curves in patients with limited or extensive stage disease. A. Comparison of OS on patients with high CRP/Alb ratio vs low CRP/Alb ratio. B. Comparison of OS on patients in limited stage with high CRP/Alb vs low CRP/Alb ratio. C. Comparison of OS on patients in extensive stage with high CRP/Alb vs low CRP/Alb ratio
© Copyright Policy - open-access
Related In: Results  -  Collection

License
Show All Figures
getmorefigures.php?uid=PMC4471724&req=5

f2: The prognostic value of CRP/Alb ratio on overall survival curves in patients with limited or extensive stage disease. A. Comparison of OS on patients with high CRP/Alb ratio vs low CRP/Alb ratio. B. Comparison of OS on patients in limited stage with high CRP/Alb vs low CRP/Alb ratio. C. Comparison of OS on patients in extensive stage with high CRP/Alb vs low CRP/Alb ratio
Mentions: A total of 128 (34.9%) patients were categorized into the high level group of CRP/Alb ratio, while the remaining 239 (65.1%) patients were stratified into the low level group. In contrast to the patients with high CRP/Alb ratio, patients with low CRP/Alb ratio had longer overall survival (18.9 vs 13.7 months, p = 0.005) (Table 1). Similarly, longer overall survival was also observed when patients were stratified into limited stage (p = 0.023), but not extensive stage (p = 0.089) (Fig. 2A–C).

Bottom Line: Recent studies have indicated that the C-reactive protein/ albumin (CRP/Alb) ratio is associated with clinical outcomes in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).Disease stage (p < 0.001), performance status (PS) (p < 0.001) and pretreatment LDH (p < 0.001) were also significant predictors of OS.Multivariate analyses showed that the CRP/Alb ratio is an independent prognostic factor (p = 0.025).

View Article: PubMed Central - PubMed

Affiliation: 1] Department of Medical Oncology, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou, China [2] State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Guangzhou, China [3] Collaborative innovation Center for Cancer Medicine, Guangzhou, China.

ABSTRACT
Recent studies have indicated that the C-reactive protein/ albumin (CRP/Alb) ratio is associated with clinical outcomes in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). We examined the prognostic value of this ratio in patients with small-cell lung cancer (SCLC). In this retrospective study, a total of 367 eligible SCLC patients were analyzed and the correlation between the pretreatment CRP/Alb ratio and overall survival (OS) was investigated. The optimal cutoff level of CRP/Alb ratio was at 0.441. A low and high CRP/Alb ratio was assigned to 65.1% and 34.9% of patients, respectively. The median OS of patients with a high CRP/Alb ratio was worse than those in the low group (13.70 vs 18.90 months HR, 1.34; p = 0.005). Disease stage (p < 0.001), performance status (PS) (p < 0.001) and pretreatment LDH (p < 0.001) were also significant predictors of OS. Multivariate analyses showed that the CRP/Alb ratio is an independent prognostic factor (p = 0.025). This study demonstrated that the CRP/Alb ratio could independently predict OS in patients with SCLC, and had comparable prognostic value to other known prognostic markers. Therefore, the CRP/Alb ratio could have prognostic value and be a measurable biomarker in patients with SCLC.

No MeSH data available.


Related in: MedlinePlus