Limits...
National health expenditures, 2002.

Cowan C, Catlin A, Smith C, Sensenig A - Health Care Financ Rev (2004)

Bottom Line: National health expenditures (NHE) were $1.6 trillion in 2002, a 9.3-percent increase from 2001.For the fourth consecutive year health spending grew faster than the overall economy as measured by the GDP.Growth in U.S. health care spending rose for most health services in 2002, with hospital spending once again the primary driver

View Article: PubMed Central - PubMed

Affiliation: Office of the Actuary, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Baltimore, MD 21244-1850, USA.

ABSTRACT
National health expenditures (NHE) were $1.6 trillion in 2002, a 9.3-percent increase from 2001. For the fourth consecutive year health spending grew faster than the overall economy as measured by the GDP. Growth in U.S. health care spending rose for most health services in 2002, with hospital spending once again the primary driver

Show MeSH

Related in: MedlinePlus

Growth in Public and Private Sources of NHE: CYs 1990-2002Private sources funded $839.6 billion, or 54 percent of health care, in 2002. Public sources funded the remainder—$713.4 billion (46 percent).Private funding increased at nearly the same rate as public funding in 2002, growing 9.3 percent following 7.5 percent growth in 2001.Out-of-pocket funding accelerated slightly in 2002, increasing 6.0 percent. This was the fastest rate of increase since 1998, with one-half of the dollar growth coming from out-of-pocket spending for prescription drugs.Total public funding increased 9.7 percent in 2001 and 9.4 percent in 2002, faster than the 5.7 percent average annual growth over the prior 3 years.Important sources of public funding growth were temporary Medicare increases to providers in the BBRA, BBA, and BIPA, and increased Medicaid spending as a result of increased enrollment due to the 2001 recession.
© Copyright Policy
Related In: Results  -  Collection


getmorefigures.php?uid=PMC4194892&req=5

f4-hcfr-25-4-143: Growth in Public and Private Sources of NHE: CYs 1990-2002Private sources funded $839.6 billion, or 54 percent of health care, in 2002. Public sources funded the remainder—$713.4 billion (46 percent).Private funding increased at nearly the same rate as public funding in 2002, growing 9.3 percent following 7.5 percent growth in 2001.Out-of-pocket funding accelerated slightly in 2002, increasing 6.0 percent. This was the fastest rate of increase since 1998, with one-half of the dollar growth coming from out-of-pocket spending for prescription drugs.Total public funding increased 9.7 percent in 2001 and 9.4 percent in 2002, faster than the 5.7 percent average annual growth over the prior 3 years.Important sources of public funding growth were temporary Medicare increases to providers in the BBRA, BBA, and BIPA, and increased Medicaid spending as a result of increased enrollment due to the 2001 recession.


National health expenditures, 2002.

Cowan C, Catlin A, Smith C, Sensenig A - Health Care Financ Rev (2004)

Growth in Public and Private Sources of NHE: CYs 1990-2002Private sources funded $839.6 billion, or 54 percent of health care, in 2002. Public sources funded the remainder—$713.4 billion (46 percent).Private funding increased at nearly the same rate as public funding in 2002, growing 9.3 percent following 7.5 percent growth in 2001.Out-of-pocket funding accelerated slightly in 2002, increasing 6.0 percent. This was the fastest rate of increase since 1998, with one-half of the dollar growth coming from out-of-pocket spending for prescription drugs.Total public funding increased 9.7 percent in 2001 and 9.4 percent in 2002, faster than the 5.7 percent average annual growth over the prior 3 years.Important sources of public funding growth were temporary Medicare increases to providers in the BBRA, BBA, and BIPA, and increased Medicaid spending as a result of increased enrollment due to the 2001 recession.
© Copyright Policy
Related In: Results  -  Collection

Show All Figures
getmorefigures.php?uid=PMC4194892&req=5

f4-hcfr-25-4-143: Growth in Public and Private Sources of NHE: CYs 1990-2002Private sources funded $839.6 billion, or 54 percent of health care, in 2002. Public sources funded the remainder—$713.4 billion (46 percent).Private funding increased at nearly the same rate as public funding in 2002, growing 9.3 percent following 7.5 percent growth in 2001.Out-of-pocket funding accelerated slightly in 2002, increasing 6.0 percent. This was the fastest rate of increase since 1998, with one-half of the dollar growth coming from out-of-pocket spending for prescription drugs.Total public funding increased 9.7 percent in 2001 and 9.4 percent in 2002, faster than the 5.7 percent average annual growth over the prior 3 years.Important sources of public funding growth were temporary Medicare increases to providers in the BBRA, BBA, and BIPA, and increased Medicaid spending as a result of increased enrollment due to the 2001 recession.
Bottom Line: National health expenditures (NHE) were $1.6 trillion in 2002, a 9.3-percent increase from 2001.For the fourth consecutive year health spending grew faster than the overall economy as measured by the GDP.Growth in U.S. health care spending rose for most health services in 2002, with hospital spending once again the primary driver

View Article: PubMed Central - PubMed

Affiliation: Office of the Actuary, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Baltimore, MD 21244-1850, USA.

ABSTRACT
National health expenditures (NHE) were $1.6 trillion in 2002, a 9.3-percent increase from 2001. For the fourth consecutive year health spending grew faster than the overall economy as measured by the GDP. Growth in U.S. health care spending rose for most health services in 2002, with hospital spending once again the primary driver

Show MeSH
Related in: MedlinePlus