Limits...
Effect and safety of bevacizumab-containing chemotherapy treatment in Chinese patients with metastatic colorectal cancer.

Wu Q, Shi Y, Chen L, Xiao X, Dai G - Onco Targets Ther (2013)

Bottom Line: The median durations of the PFS and OS were 8.13 months and 14.80 months, respectively.The median durations of the PFS were 12.70 months, 8.30 months, and 6.40 months for first-line, second-line, and third-line (or later) therapy, respectively, and the median durations of the OS were 24.03 months, 14.90 months, and 11.03 months for first-line, second-line, and third-line (or later) therapy, respectively.A bevacizumab-containing chemotherapy regimen was well tolerated and effective in Chinese patients with mCRC.

View Article: PubMed Central - PubMed

Affiliation: Department of Multimodality Therapy Oncology, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing, People's Republic of China.

ABSTRACT

Purpose: To review the clinical data and treatment efficacy of bevacizumab in Chinese patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC).

Patients and methods: A total of 96 patients with mCRC treated by chemotherapy plus bevacizumab in the PLA General Hospital between December 2005 and August 2012 were analyzed retrospectively by overall response rate, disease-control rate, progression-free survival (PFS), and overall survival (OS). The tumor responses were assessed by the Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors guidelines.

Results: A total of 96 patients with mCRC were identified. Median age was 53.6 years. Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group performance status was 0-2. By the end of follow-up (August 20, 2012), 54 patients exhibited progression (56.3%), and 39 (40.6%) patients had died. A total of 27 (28.1%) achieved partial response, and 48 patients (50.0%) had stable disease, exhibiting an overall response rate of 28.1% and a disease-control rate of 78.1%. The response rates of the first-line, second-line, and third-line (or later) therapy were 41.7%, 21.9%, and 15.8%, respectively. The median durations of the PFS and OS were 8.13 months and 14.80 months, respectively. The median durations of the PFS were 12.70 months, 8.30 months, and 6.40 months for first-line, second-line, and third-line (or later) therapy, respectively, and the median durations of the OS were 24.03 months, 14.90 months, and 11.03 months for first-line, second-line, and third-line (or later) therapy, respectively.

Conclusion: A bevacizumab-containing chemotherapy regimen was well tolerated and effective in Chinese patients with mCRC.

No MeSH data available.


Related in: MedlinePlus

(A) Curve for progression-free survival in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer treated with bevacizumab combined chemotherapy; (B) curve for overall survival in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer treated with bevacizumab combined chemotherapy.
© Copyright Policy
Related In: Results  -  Collection


getmorefigures.php?uid=PMC3643288&req=5

f1-ott-6-485: (A) Curve for progression-free survival in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer treated with bevacizumab combined chemotherapy; (B) curve for overall survival in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer treated with bevacizumab combined chemotherapy.

Mentions: At the final cutoff date (August 20, 2012), 54 patients exhibited progression (56.3%) and 39 (40.6%) patients died. Twenty-seven patients (28.1%) achieved partial response and 48 patients (50.0%) achieved stable disease (SD), exhibiting an ORR of 28.1% (complete response and partial response) and a DCR (complete response and stable disease) of 78.1%. The response rates of for the first-line, second-line, and third-line (or later) treatments were 41.7%, 21.9%, and 15.8%, respectively (Table 3). The median follow-up for all the patients is 14.70 months. The median durations of the PFS and OS were 8.13 months and 14.80 months, respectively (Table 4 and Figure 1). The median PFSs for the first-line, second-line, and third-line (or later) treatments were 12.70, 8.30, and 6.40 months, respectively. The median OSs for the first-line, second-line, and third-line (or later) treatments were 24.03 months, 14.90 months, and 11.03 months, respectively (Table 4).


Effect and safety of bevacizumab-containing chemotherapy treatment in Chinese patients with metastatic colorectal cancer.

Wu Q, Shi Y, Chen L, Xiao X, Dai G - Onco Targets Ther (2013)

(A) Curve for progression-free survival in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer treated with bevacizumab combined chemotherapy; (B) curve for overall survival in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer treated with bevacizumab combined chemotherapy.
© Copyright Policy
Related In: Results  -  Collection

Show All Figures
getmorefigures.php?uid=PMC3643288&req=5

f1-ott-6-485: (A) Curve for progression-free survival in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer treated with bevacizumab combined chemotherapy; (B) curve for overall survival in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer treated with bevacizumab combined chemotherapy.
Mentions: At the final cutoff date (August 20, 2012), 54 patients exhibited progression (56.3%) and 39 (40.6%) patients died. Twenty-seven patients (28.1%) achieved partial response and 48 patients (50.0%) achieved stable disease (SD), exhibiting an ORR of 28.1% (complete response and partial response) and a DCR (complete response and stable disease) of 78.1%. The response rates of for the first-line, second-line, and third-line (or later) treatments were 41.7%, 21.9%, and 15.8%, respectively (Table 3). The median follow-up for all the patients is 14.70 months. The median durations of the PFS and OS were 8.13 months and 14.80 months, respectively (Table 4 and Figure 1). The median PFSs for the first-line, second-line, and third-line (or later) treatments were 12.70, 8.30, and 6.40 months, respectively. The median OSs for the first-line, second-line, and third-line (or later) treatments were 24.03 months, 14.90 months, and 11.03 months, respectively (Table 4).

Bottom Line: The median durations of the PFS and OS were 8.13 months and 14.80 months, respectively.The median durations of the PFS were 12.70 months, 8.30 months, and 6.40 months for first-line, second-line, and third-line (or later) therapy, respectively, and the median durations of the OS were 24.03 months, 14.90 months, and 11.03 months for first-line, second-line, and third-line (or later) therapy, respectively.A bevacizumab-containing chemotherapy regimen was well tolerated and effective in Chinese patients with mCRC.

View Article: PubMed Central - PubMed

Affiliation: Department of Multimodality Therapy Oncology, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing, People's Republic of China.

ABSTRACT

Purpose: To review the clinical data and treatment efficacy of bevacizumab in Chinese patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC).

Patients and methods: A total of 96 patients with mCRC treated by chemotherapy plus bevacizumab in the PLA General Hospital between December 2005 and August 2012 were analyzed retrospectively by overall response rate, disease-control rate, progression-free survival (PFS), and overall survival (OS). The tumor responses were assessed by the Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors guidelines.

Results: A total of 96 patients with mCRC were identified. Median age was 53.6 years. Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group performance status was 0-2. By the end of follow-up (August 20, 2012), 54 patients exhibited progression (56.3%), and 39 (40.6%) patients had died. A total of 27 (28.1%) achieved partial response, and 48 patients (50.0%) had stable disease, exhibiting an overall response rate of 28.1% and a disease-control rate of 78.1%. The response rates of the first-line, second-line, and third-line (or later) therapy were 41.7%, 21.9%, and 15.8%, respectively. The median durations of the PFS and OS were 8.13 months and 14.80 months, respectively. The median durations of the PFS were 12.70 months, 8.30 months, and 6.40 months for first-line, second-line, and third-line (or later) therapy, respectively, and the median durations of the OS were 24.03 months, 14.90 months, and 11.03 months for first-line, second-line, and third-line (or later) therapy, respectively.

Conclusion: A bevacizumab-containing chemotherapy regimen was well tolerated and effective in Chinese patients with mCRC.

No MeSH data available.


Related in: MedlinePlus