Limits...
Complete Genome Sequence of a thermotolerant sporogenic lactic acid bacterium, Bacillus coagulans strain 36D1.

Rhee MS, Moritz BE, Xie G, Glavina Del Rio T, Dalin E, Tice H, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Chertkov O, Brettin T, Han C, Detter C, Pitluck S, Land ML, Patel M, Ou M, Harbrucker R, Ingram LO, Shanmugam KT - Stand Genomic Sci (2011)

Bottom Line: Bacillus coagulans is a ubiquitous soil bacterium that grows at 50-55 °C and pH 5.0 and ferments various sugars that constitute plant biomass to L (+)-lactic acid.This bacterium is also considered as a potential probiotic.Complete genome sequence of a representative strain, B. coagulans strain 36D1, is presented and discussed.

View Article: PubMed Central - PubMed

ABSTRACT
Bacillus coagulans is a ubiquitous soil bacterium that grows at 50-55 °C and pH 5.0 and ferments various sugars that constitute plant biomass to L (+)-lactic acid. The ability of this sporogenic lactic acid bacterium to grow at 50-55 °C and pH 5.0 makes this organism an attractive microbial biocatalyst for production of optically pure lactic acid at industrial scale not only from glucose derived from cellulose but also from xylose, a major constituent of hemicellulose. This bacterium is also considered as a potential probiotic. Complete genome sequence of a representative strain, B. coagulans strain 36D1, is presented and discussed.

No MeSH data available.


Related in: MedlinePlus

Principal component analysis based on COG profiles
© Copyright Policy - open-access
Related In: Results  -  Collection

License
getmorefigures.php?uid=PMC3368420&req=5

f4: Principal component analysis based on COG profiles

Mentions: The majority of the protein-coding genes (74%) were assigned with a putative function while those remaining were annotated as hypothetical proteins. About 49 ORFs were identified as potential transposases. The distribution of genes into COGs functional categories is presented in Table 4. The first about 40% of the genome is predominantly transcribed from the lagging strand (as written) while the other 60% is transcribed from the leading strand (Fig. 4).


Complete Genome Sequence of a thermotolerant sporogenic lactic acid bacterium, Bacillus coagulans strain 36D1.

Rhee MS, Moritz BE, Xie G, Glavina Del Rio T, Dalin E, Tice H, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Chertkov O, Brettin T, Han C, Detter C, Pitluck S, Land ML, Patel M, Ou M, Harbrucker R, Ingram LO, Shanmugam KT - Stand Genomic Sci (2011)

Principal component analysis based on COG profiles
© Copyright Policy - open-access
Related In: Results  -  Collection

License
Show All Figures
getmorefigures.php?uid=PMC3368420&req=5

f4: Principal component analysis based on COG profiles
Mentions: The majority of the protein-coding genes (74%) were assigned with a putative function while those remaining were annotated as hypothetical proteins. About 49 ORFs were identified as potential transposases. The distribution of genes into COGs functional categories is presented in Table 4. The first about 40% of the genome is predominantly transcribed from the lagging strand (as written) while the other 60% is transcribed from the leading strand (Fig. 4).

Bottom Line: Bacillus coagulans is a ubiquitous soil bacterium that grows at 50-55 °C and pH 5.0 and ferments various sugars that constitute plant biomass to L (+)-lactic acid.This bacterium is also considered as a potential probiotic.Complete genome sequence of a representative strain, B. coagulans strain 36D1, is presented and discussed.

View Article: PubMed Central - PubMed

ABSTRACT
Bacillus coagulans is a ubiquitous soil bacterium that grows at 50-55 °C and pH 5.0 and ferments various sugars that constitute plant biomass to L (+)-lactic acid. The ability of this sporogenic lactic acid bacterium to grow at 50-55 °C and pH 5.0 makes this organism an attractive microbial biocatalyst for production of optically pure lactic acid at industrial scale not only from glucose derived from cellulose but also from xylose, a major constituent of hemicellulose. This bacterium is also considered as a potential probiotic. Complete genome sequence of a representative strain, B. coagulans strain 36D1, is presented and discussed.

No MeSH data available.


Related in: MedlinePlus